JT Klein Company, Inc. Was founded in November, 2014 with the ambition of increasing access to senior and family Affordable housing in Wisconsin.
Jacob T. Klein, President
The founder and President of JT Klein Company, Jacob is responsible for leading all facets of the development process including site identification and acquisition, city approvals, financial layering, tax credit approval, construction and lease-up, financing including identifying various forms of soft cost subsidies, TIF analysis, construction and long-term debt financing as well as tax credit equity. Jacob is experienced in developing and performing construction management duties for independent senior apartments, assisted living and memory care as well as market rate and affordable general occupancy apartments. Prior to forming JT Klein Company Jacob served as Vice President and Project Partner at a regional multifamily development company based in Minneapolis, MN. During his tenure at that organization Jacob developed over 1,000 units with project costs exceeding $150,000,000.
Relevant Experience, New Construction Development Projects
Market Rate Apartments:
- 75 Units, New Berlin, WI completed May 2015
Affordable Family Apartments:
- 102 Units, New Berlin, WI completed December 2012
- 70 Units, Waukesha, WI completed October 2014
- 95 Units, Middleton, WI completed May 2017
- 95 Units, Madison, WI currently under construction
Affordable Senior Apartments:
- 122 Units, West Allis, WI completed April 2009
- 88 Units, Monona, WI completed September 2009
- 56 Units, Middleton, WI completed October 2012
- 34 Units, New Berlin, WI completed December 2012
- 24 Units, Chippewa Falls, WI completed October 2011
Assisted Living and Memory Care:
- 34 Units, Eau Claire, WI completed October 2007
- 78 Units, West Allis, WI completed September 2009
- 75 Units, Monona, WI completed September 2009
- 68 Units, Monona, WI completed November 2012
- 79 Units, Middleton, WI completed December 2012
- 98 Units, Elm Grove, WI completed May 2014
- 36 Units, Waukesha, WI completed October 2014
Jocelyn Friedman, Development Associate
Jocelyn Friedman joined JT Klein Company in January 2016. Her responsibilities include drafting affordable housing funding applications and zoning change proposals as well as site research, property management and website development. Jocelyn graduated from Carleton College in 2013 with a B.A. in History and recently obtained an MBA in Real Estate from the University of Wisconsin-Madison. She began her career in affordable housing as an Americorps volunteer with Satellite Affordable Housing Associates, a non-profit low-income housing development organization in Berkeley, CA, and has since gained experience in leasing and property management, affordable housing finance and development, and market research.
Louie Klein, Chief Canine Officer
Louie has been with JT Klein Company since its founding and has a wide range of responsibilities including riding shotgun and sniffing around the construction site.